Thank you for signing up for our free email newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email soon. To ensure your new eNewsletter is delivered to your inbox (and not your junk folder), please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list.
Get your free download:
excerpted from HOW’s Summer 2017 Issue — The Creativity Issue
Saul Bass once said, “Interesting things happen when the creative impulse is cultivated with curiosity, freedom and intensity.” That’s why HOW’s Summer issue invites you to look at things from a new perspective and explore possibilities you’ve never considered before. Free your mind with mysterious optical illusions, dynamic design exercises and creative cities you may have never considered. Discover the 20 trailblazing winners of HOW’s 8th annual Logo Design Awards and take a deep look at next year’s logo trends, courtesy of LogoLounge.
WHO: Get to know an illustrator redefining the possibilities of poster art, and learn what young designers can teach their older colleagues.
- The Double Take Meet Olly Moss, the multidisciplinary designer and illustrator whose viral work always makes you look twice. By Chris Jalufka
- Born This Way Millennial designers bring their values to work. Discover the best way to collaborate with them—and what they can teach other generations of creative professionals. By Jamie Myrold
WHAT: Learn what’s coming in the world of design, from logo trends to the technology of the future.
- The Winners of The HOW Logo Design Awards Judged by
- Logo Lovers Unite Experience the latest trends in logo design and get advice from the likes of Aaron Draplin and Su Mathews Hale in this LogoLounge exclusive. By Emily Potts, with Bill Gardner
- Tomorrow’s Tech Discover six emerging technologies that could reshape the future of design. By Matthew Manos
WHERE: Traverse the world and find new places to explore. Plus, take a deep dive into one city’s creative community.
- Singapore: Hub of Creativity Explore the Southeast Asian city-state that’s home to an explosive tech world and a rich multicultural design scene. By Ellen Shapiro
- Creative Destinations Check out eight unexpected cities with rich design culture from UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network. By Callie Budrick & Jess Zafarris
HOW: Think laterally and keep your creativity spry with puzzling design work, tutorials and exercises for designers.
- Design X-Training Build up your design skills and get inspired with these exciting creative challenges. By David Sherwin
- Designing Wonder Meet designers who play with dimension and space to incorporate mindbending optical illusions into their work. By Jason Tselentis
- Tutorial: How to Create Impossible Objects Follow this just-for-fun tutorial and learn about the iconic impossible cube. By Jonathan Stephen Harris
UPDATE EMAIL PREFERENCES
We’d like to improve our communication with you by sending you messages that apply to your design interests and goals. For instance, do you like receiving notifications about Pantone products & sales but have no interest in package design?
Let us know in our new email preference center. Once you have updated your preferences, we can begin providing you with the personal product recommendations, special offers and updates that you care about most. PLUS – you’ll receive a special birthday gift!
Connect with us!
Save on Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Photography & Illustrator Books, Magazines & DVDs at MyDesignShop.com. PLUS – receive FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $25!