Founded in 1985, the HOW brand began its life as a print magazine. Today, the brand still includes an award-winning magazine, but has grown to encompass a host of products and events including several design competitions, HOW U’s online design courses, design books at MyDesignShop.com and more. Whether you work for a design firm, for an in-house creative department or for yourself, it’s our mission to serve the business, creativity and technology needs of graphic designers, See HOW in the news.
HOW magazine provides a practical mix of essential business information, up-to-date technology tips, the creative whys and hows behind noteworthy projects, and profiles of professionals who are influencing design.
HOW Books provide advice, inspiration, tools and entertainment for creative people. While we publish a variety of books, the common thread is our dedication to top-notch design. HOW books are intriguing, useful, beautiful, provocative — or all of the above. All of our design books can be purchased in our official online store – MyDesignShop.com, or subscribe to our eBooks site for immediate access to all titles, online or on the go.
HOWdesign.com is the source for everything HOW. Find out what’s in the newest issue of the magazine, read web-only features, check out the latest posts from our blogs and forum and keep track of competition deadlines and conference dates.
Subscribe to HOW’s free e-newsletter and get creative inspiration, career advice and business strategy delivered right to your inbox.
|Follow @HOWBrand on Twitter|
|Like HOW Magazine on Facebook|
|Follow HOW Design on Pinterest|
|Join HOW’s LinkedIn Group|
|Add HOW to your Google+ Circles|
Stay connected to HOW every day. Whether you work at a design firm, run a freelance business or manage a team of in-house creatives, we have a blog to bring you the latest news, events and expert advice to keep you on top of your game.
- HOWblog: We share the latest design events, news, competitions and more for all designers, plus inspiring design work from around the world and our Top 10 Websites for Designers every month
- InHOWse Designer Blog: Andy Epstein gives advice and inspiration for the in-house design community, focusing on the unique challenges and opportunities of the in-house environment.
- Creative Freelancer Blog: Ilise Benun offers business advice and inspiration for the creatively self-employed: including freelance designers, illustrators, writers, photographers and other creatives.
- HOW Interactive Design: Our sister site focuses on web news for designers. If you’re a traditionally trained designer trying to make the move to web design, you’ll want to check back every day.
- Parse: Jenn and Ken Visocky O’Grady help design firm owners understand their rapidly changing industry and make big ideas useful, actionable & applicable.
HOW Events include the HOW Design Conference, InHOWse Managers Conference, Creative Freelancer Conference, The Dieline Package Design Conference and the HOW Interactive Design Conference. Get the inspiration, information and instruction you need to build a successful career and create outstanding work, and network with an even broader group of creative professionals.
HOW Design University
HOW Design University (HOW U) is an online education program, launched in December of 2011. HOW U provides in-depth, online learning opportunities for busy creative professionals, on their own schedule and in a variety of formats including: online learning workshops, online design bootcamps, independent study programs, Design Tutorials and On-Demand Video Tutorials. Each learning platform explores topics that are key to a designer’s career growth and success. HOW U is professional-level continuing education that helps a designer sharpen their skills, strengthen client partnerships and improve value to an employer. HOW U will give you the right tools to prepare you for today’s most popular graphic design and web design jobs.