HOW Interactive Design hosts multiple web design conferences and DesignCasts throughout the year, and we’re always on the lookout for new speakers and topic ideas. Our goal with all these events is to deliver helpful, practical, real-world information to our audience.
The ideal HOW Interactive speaker:
- is experienced and comfortable speaking in front of large groups, from 30 to 2,000 people
- is interested in sharing expertise, real-world strategies and knowledge with other creative professionals
- will partner with HOW to deliver the best possible experience for the audience
- is interested in engaging with attendees
- will help spread the word about the event
Audience: 600+ attendees
Date: annually in mid-fall
Proposal deadline: February
Attendees: Designers of all ages and experience levels working on the web. Participants come from in-house teams, government agencies, design firms and solo operations.
Topics: Web design strategies and workflows, up-and-coming technologies, coding for designers, how to work with development teams, how to learn to design websites, big design ideas, user experienc
Audience: 2,000+ attendees
Date: annually in late spring
Proposal deadline: mid-July
Attendees: Designers of all ages and experience levels working in creative firms, ad agencies, in-house creative departments, on their own and also students.
Topics: HOW Design Live serves all fields of design, but there is a specific track for interactive design within the conference.
Audience: 30-500 attendees
Proposal deadline: ongoing; scheduled three to four months in advance
Attendees: Designers of all stripes, but especially web beginners and print designers transitioning to the web. We use GoToWebinar for our DesignCasts, so sessions are held virtually, and you can present one from anywhere in the world.
Topics: We’re open to hearing proposals on all topics related to web design. See our recorded Interactive DesignCasts to get an idea of what we’ve covered in the past.
These are only the events from HOW that specifically target interactive designers. You can see all the events HOW puts on here.
How to apply
Interested in submitting a proposal to speak at a HOW Interactive event or to present a DesignCast? Simply download our Potential Speaker Proposal, complete the form fields and include the information requested, and e-mail it to email@example.com.
Here are some tips for submitting a proposal:
- We determine programming for our conferences far in advance, so plan ahead.
- Look over the previous years’ programs to see what topics have been covered—how does your idea distinguish itself? Find a new angle on an old subject or incorporate a unique experience you’ve had.
- Be specific—this helps us understand why our audience needs to hear your presentation.
- We often receive four times as many proposals as we can accept, so we have to turn down some speakers and topics we like. Don’t be discouraged—you’re welcome to propose a new idea for the next conference!