This time of year reminds us that we have a lot to be thankful for here at HOW— the opportunity to inspire and engage with the design community, to put on incredible events…
This year we’re especially thankful to have joined forces with Andy Epstein, Ilise Benun, Andrew Gibbs and Debbie Millman — HOW’s programming partners for HOW Design Live 2014!
And, because of our programming partners, we’ve solidified the most impressive HOW Design Live speaker line-up to date: Seth Godin … Malcolm Gladwell in conversation with Deedee Gordon… Paola Antonelli … Daniel Pink… and many, many more.
This year we’re thankful to be bringing you the brand-new HOW Leadership Conference, developed with program director Debbie Millman. HOW Leadership Conference will assemble a solar system’s worth of star speakers at HOW Design Live 2014. Never before has this lineup of leading thinkers come together.
And that’s just one of the new features for 2014. For 5 days in May (May 12–16), 5 great conferences are converging into one big event: the HOW Leadership Conference, the HOW Design Conference, the Creative Freelance Business Conference, the In-House Managers Conference and the Dieline Packaging Design Conference.
A HOW Design Conference for Every Designer’s Needs
For the first time, you can choose any session in any time slot from across the entire program to create a HOW Design Live program that’s perfectly tailored to your needs and interests.
A few highlights from the conference schedule:
- Stefan Mumaw returns to lead an intensive workshop designed to boost your creative output, based on comedy improv training
- Another Stefan (Sagmeister) returns to HOW for the first time in nearly a decade, to talk about his latest work and share his inspiration
- Brian Wood, Maria Giudice, Chris Converse and Nathan Shedroff are among the experts presenting sessions on interactive design
- Creatives from leading brands including Chobani, Target, Method and the Discovery Channel will talk about identity and packaging design
- Speakers including Ilise Benun, Alina Wheeler and Dana Manciagli will give creative business owners strategic advice on pricing, client development and growth
- Breakout sessions focus on typography, branding, logos, designing for nonprofits and more
- Todd Henry, Christine Molinaro, David Sherwin and other design leaders will give in-house creatives the tools and inspiration they need to manage effective teams and produce great work.
You know HOW Design Live is a great way to rekindle your creative fire, build new design skills, shape a killer career and network with speakers and colleagues. In 2014, we’ve created an all-new experience to help you get even more out of just 5 days. And that’s something we’re pretty thankful for.
Ready to learn more? Browse the entire design conference program and start planning your own HOW Design Live experience.