Twitter may have recently doubled its character limit per tweet in an effort to help people be more expressive on the platform, but we’re pretty sure the 140-character limit didn’t cramp the style of the creative leaders at this past HOW Design Live.
With 3000+ creative professionals coming together to network, learn and be inspired by some of the best the industry has to offer, the 2017 HOW Design Live was amazing—and Twitter and Instagram reflected that with some great tidbits and insights.
18 Creative Insights from HOW Design Live 2017
1. Design is not what we do, design is what we inspire others to do. – @briancollins1
2. Let’s not design in the browser, let’s decide in the browser. – Dan Mall, Creative Director
3. We were once told that, “Art asks questions, Design answers questions.” – @eileenmatilde
5. If everyone buys into brand guidelines, design by committee can actually be a good thing … it helps the creative process. – @Starbucks
7. “Don’t worry about where you want to work, worry about who you want to work for.” – @timothyogoodman
8. We don’t just buy stuff, we love with them. – @briancollins1
9. The problem with minimal viable product is it leads to minimal viable thinking. – @HOWEvents
11. Consumers today are shopping for answers to the larger questions in their lives, for deeper purpose. – Andrew Gibbs of @TheDieline
12. Text and images are natural partners. – @cbdmarketing
13. #Creativity isn’t about being “artsy.” It’s about transcending traditional ideas. – @CreativeGroup
14. “Your creativity is a living, breathing thing.” – @TerriT
15. It’s okay to have bias but get it from experience, not ignorance. – @_bklmn
16. Approach design as a practice not as a profession. – @timothyogoodman
17. If all images are questions, answer the question or increase its mystery. – @IDEOU
18. The computer can be too rigid; stick with the pencil as long as possible. – @AIGAdesign
Follow the conversation year round with #HOWLive on both Twitter and Instagram.
ICYMI: Registration for HOW Design Live 2018 is now open! Register by November 30 to save $700 on your BIg Ticket.
Are you a creative director, department head or project manager?
In this online workshop, you’ll learn the techniques and skills you need to successfully build creative teams, manage resources and lead people. Enroll today! Course runs 11/20/17 – 11/27/17