HOW Design Live is just a week away, and the conference team has been working overtime to plan all the extras and activities that surround the breakout and keynote sessions. Here’s a rundown of all the stuff that’s scheduled outside the meeting rooms:
In the Exhibit Hall — your home base for the conference:
- Nearly 100 sponsor companies with tons of samples and swag — be there for the opening reception on Thursday evening, sponsored by Domtar
- Slicky Notes Interactive Wall — share your inspiration by doodling and drawing
- Selfie Stations
- Guerrilla Journaling Workshops
- Breakfast — grab a bite and take a seat at one of the coaching or conversation tables
- HOW Community Supports MODA — The Museum of Design Atlanta’s Design Club for kids gets young creatives excited about the problem-solving power of design. Join fellow HOW attendees in an interactive activity (with LEGOs!) to raise awareness and funds for MODA Design Club.
Speaker Book Signings — scheduled authors include:
- Bill Gardner, LogoLounge Book 9
- Von Glitschka, Vector Basic Training Second Edition
- Stefan Sagmeister, Things I have Learned in My Life So Far, Made You Look
- David Sherwin, Creative Workshop: 80 Challenges to Sharpen Your Design Skills
- Aaron Draplin, Draplin Design Co.: Pretty Much Everything
- James Victore
- Debbie Millman (at the HOW+PRINT booth)
- Pum Lefebure (at the HOW+PRINT booth)
- Chip Kidd (outside the room where he’ll be talking)
Networking & Connecting
- HOW Connection (Thursday) and HOW Reconnection (Friday) — active, informal sessions led by Stefan Mumaw and designed to help you meet new friends and reconnect with old ones
- Creative Entrepreneur Lunch Meet-Ups on Friday and Saturday, moderated by Designers Roundtable — connect with fellow entrepreneurs to talk about your pressing business challenges
- Ignite Your Passion Project: A Side-Gig Seminar and Connecting Event on Saturday evening — meet up with fellow attendees and strategize about how you can bring your back-burner passion project to life.
- Closing Party sponsored by Neenah — enjoy the best party in the design business, with drinks, snacks and live music
If you haven’t yet registered for HOW Design Live, there’s still time to do so (and to save $100 off your full registration).