The HOW Interactive Design Conference series is the reminder we all sometimes need about who’s really in charge of our careers—us. And that’s a big responsibility! But it doesn’t have to be daunting; each of HIDC’s unique programs offer you education tailored to your specific career needs, optimizing your skillset and maximizing your options. With three locations—San Francisco, Chicago and Boston—and three incredible, unique lineups, you’re sure to find an extraordinary experience.
Join us at HIDC. Register today!
- HOW Conferences are awesome. We not only focus on creating an immersive learning experience that is unmatched by any other conference, but we also make it fun. Laughter and play are all key components in the creative process and we offer both.
- We are tailoring our sessions to focus more on the needs of those creatives working within in-house departments. This doesn’t exclude people who are working freelance or in small design firms as there are many topics that serve anyone doing interactive design work, but the in-house environment poses unique challenges and opportunities.
- Many of our speakers are educators or designers who have worked in-house. We look for speakers that can really teach and whose experiences mirror your own. All of our speakers are subject matter experts. You will learn something that will help you solve a design problem or complete a project.
- If you plan to send two or more people, you’ll save an extra $50 per person.
- Most importantly attending one of the HIDC events will help you advance your career. We will teach you how to think about interactive design, how to approach a project and the skills needed to complete a project. As you know web skills are in demand. We can help you.
Need more reasons? San Francisco is barely more than a month away! Check out the latest additions to the San Francisco lineup:
Author + Creativity Evangelist, The Creative Dose
Denise Jacobs is a Speaker + Author + Creativity Evangelist who speaks at web conferences and consults with tech companies worldwide. As the Founder + Chief Creativity Evangelist of The Creative Dose, she teaches techniques to make the creative process more fluid, methods for making work environments more conducive to creative productivity, and practices for sparking innovation. Working in Web Design & Development since 1997, she is an industry veteran and regarded expert on many things web. She is the author of The CSS Detective Guide and co-author of the Smashing Book #3 1/3 and Interact with Web Standards. Denise is also the Chief Unicorn of Rawk The Web and the Head Instigator of The Creativity (R)Evolution.
After cutting his teeth at Amazon.com on projects like Instant Video & the original Kindle, Nishant honed his multidisciplinary skills at Microsoft as a Web Strategist. His writings and work have been featured in Smashing Magazine, UXMag, A List Apart, The Techblock, Drawar, and many other sites and publications. He and his wife quit their jobs in 2013 to start Minky, a design and technology company based in Seattle, WA. They are currently building a product together, with Nishant taking the occasional break to contribute a piece to his monthly-ish A List Apart column titled The Human Web. Follow @rainypixels at your own risk on Twitter and Instagram for a live, unedited serving of Nishant and his talking Weimaraner, Yoshi.