Last week, I wrote about what I prepared (and wished I’d prepared) before I moved my office. Today, part 2 on what to do after the move…
Take time to…
• Put a plant on your desk: it will instantly brighten up the room, not to mention purify the air
• Update your email signature (if you haven’t already)
• Contact clients that may need updated tax paperwork for their accounting departments
• Send a “new address” postcard and/or email blast
• Call attention to your new address on invoices: I print a yellow sticker near my address
• Enjoy the new view from your office window!
As much as I dread moving, I do feel a sense of excitement about the opportunity to start fresh that moving offers: a new office layout, new organization and filing systems, a new view out the window. For this office move, I decided to keep things simpler overall and, as I’ve recently gotten into gardening, add lots of plants to my office.
I find that all this “newness” seems to spark creative energy in my work as well: I’m anxious to clear the boxes and get to work!
Anything to add to my list?