November 11-12, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Design thinking has never been more important. Technology has democratized design, putting the power to create in the hands of everyone. But design is about more than creation. ‘Design Thinking’ can never be replaced by technology – it is what will keep this profession relevant and valued.
Say yes to DesignThinkers 2010! We invite designers everywhere to assemble in Toronto this fall for the Association of Registered Graphic Designers’ 11th annual DesignThinkers Conference. Join us as we discuss the unique insight and problem-solving processes of the designer and how design thinking impacts business, society and the environment.
Some of this year’s speakers include
• Scott Dadich, Creative Director at WIRED
• Scott Thomas, Design Director, Obama Presidential campaign
• Dmitri Siegel, Director of Marketing, Urban Outfitters
• Roger Martin, Dean, Rotman School of Management
• Darrel Rhea, CEO of Cheskin Added Value
• Paul Lavoie, Co-founder of TAXI
• Don Lindsay, Vice President of UX, Research in Motion
• Helen Walters, Editor of Innovation and Design at Businessweek
Selected presentations include
• The Un-Guide to Creativity, Innovation and Brainstorming
• Against All Odds, How to Build an Unconventional Design Career
• Building Strategy into the Core of the Designer Mind
• On Having Your Own Reality and No Clients
• Converting Clients into Design Thinkers in Four Not-so-easy steps
• In Process we Trust
• Iconic Design
And don’t miss out on special DesignThinkers workshops, webinars, studio tours, and more – including an exclusive screening of Milton Glaser: To Inform & Delight on Nov 10!
For more, go to www.designthinkers.com.