As you read this, I am on retreat in a secluded little town up the coast of California. I don’t have cell service or Internet (*gasp!*).
This is required as part of a new business tradition I’m starting for myself this year. (Big thanks to Velvette DeLaney for inspiring me to create a business retreat for myself.)
I realized as the holidays/new year approached that my anxiety started to creep up. ACK! went my brain. What are my 2011 goals? What has 2010 been all about? What remained undone? What’s getting rolled over and what projects need.to.die?
You might be getting tight in the chest just reading about my spin–breathe deeply and know that’s MY stuff. Leave it on the screen and just relax into this question: What do you do for your business at the end of the year?
- Do you have year-end traditions?
- Do you give yourself a reward for work well done? (Alisa Bonsignore does.)
- Do you look back and catalog missteps and downfalls?
- Analyze your New Years’ resolutions and see what got done and what didn’t?
- Make a plan for the coming year?
- Do you celebrate your clients with year-end gifts/correspondence?
I’m really curious about how (or if) you do any kind of regular process/ritual or if you are open to establishing a new tradition for you and your business. Please share your ideas in the comments below or come by my site and play with me there.
Very Happy New Year!