As she wrote about her first year on her blog, writes4food.com, “The first year as an independent journalist and copywriter focused on food, wellness and creativity (see how I have that tagline down pat?) has been all I expected, and more. Fulfilling, rewarding, mind-expanding, challenging, baffling and frustrating.”
Along the way, she has shared her ups and downs candidly, which you don’t see very often. (Listen to the whole podcast series here.) Here are the highlights:
- May 2, 2011: Welcoming Bryn to the World of Freelancing
- May 10, 2011: Bryn’s First Week as a Freelancer
- June 2011: Vacationing as a Freelancer at 5 weeks!
- July 2011: First CFC as a freelancer
- August 2011: A case of the I-don’t-wannas at 3 months
- October 2011: Struggling with pricing at 5 months
- January 2012: First Tax Surprise!
- February 2012: Bryn’s First Slowdown at 6 months
- March 2012: Bryn Focuses on LinkedIn to Make Connections (and it works!)
In June, Bryn will be in Boston at the Creative Freelancer Conference once again, as a full fledged freelancer. Will you join her?