I can offer up all the tips and tricks I can think of to help you grow your business. (And I have, on this blog, here, asking “Where Does Self Confidence Come From?” and here. Not to mention my book, Stop Pushing Me Around — hence, the subtitle: A Workplace Guide for the Timid, Shy and Less Assertive.)
But if, underneath it all, you haven’t developed the self confidence to act on them, you won’t get very far. That’s what I’ve seen over the years with my Marketing Mentor clients.
If self confidence is an issue for you, join design-firm-owner-turned-business-coach Marcia Hoeck this Thursday, July 14 for a DesignCast called, “Cultivate Steady Confidence, part 2 of her 3 part series: Strengthen Your Business Bootcamp. Here’s the blurb about it…
Nothing makes you feel better about your business or look better to clients than having the right kind of confidence. As highly creative people often do, you may have a disconnect when it comes to projecting the same degree of confidence about yourself as you do about your work. Clients see a definite connection between your confidence and your competence; the challenge is in showing confidence without turning them off with arrogance. We’ll talk about the things that drain your confidence, and then, how to shore it back up.
In this session you’ll learn:
- The different kinds of business confidence and why it’s critical for you to be strong in the right areas
- How limiting beliefs and habits can kill your confidence in sneaky ways you probably don’t recognize, and what to do about it
- How overwhelm can affect confidence, and how to get out of it
- Baby steps to increase your confidence for lasting positive affects
- How to regain power you may be giving away by not authentically owning your worth