There is no simple answer but I look forward to Luminance 2012, a first-of-its-kind event that strives to spark the new ideas and networks that will push photography, as an industry, to the next level.
When and where?
Sept. 12-13, 2012 at the BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center in New York City. (Take advantage of the $25 discount with the promo code “Luminance2012” — details and registration here.)
The 2-day event, a production of our partners at PhotoShelter.com, the worldwide leader in photography portfolio websites, sales and marketing tools for photographers, is focused on the trends, innovations and opportunities in our industry — in a nutshell, the future of photography.
I’m especially excited about the speaker lineup. Each will deliver a TED-style 20 minute talk (plus Q&A). Speakers include:
- Jen Bekman, CEO & Founder, 20×200
- Scott Belsky, CEO & Founder, Behance
- Lucas Allen Buick, CEO & Founder, Hipstamatic
- Leila Boujnane, CEO, TinEye
- Amy Cappellazzo, Chairman, Post-War and Contemporary Development at Christie’s
- Chris Chabot, Manager, Developer Relations, Google+
- Eric Cheng, Director of Photography, Lytro
- Kevin Connor, CEO and Co-Founder, Fourandsix
- Barbara Davidson, 2011 Pulitzer Prize Winner, Feature Photography
- Amy Dresser, Retoucher and Illustrator
- Eileen Gittins, CEO, Blurb
- John Maloney, CEO, Tumblr
- Michael Muller, Commercial/Shark Portraitist
- Srinivas Narayanan, Engineering Mgr, Facebook Photos
- Craig Peters (SVP Biz Dev), Getty Images
- Rick Robinson, Director of Marketing, Vision Research, makers of the Phantom camera
- David A. Ross, Former Director of the Whitney, Chair of the MFA Art Practice Program, School of Visual Arts
- Alan Taylor, Editor, InFocus, The Atlantic (and creator of the Boston Globe’s “The Big Picture”)
- Peter Yang, Commercial/Editorial Photographer
If you are a photographer, technologist, designer or just someone who cares about the direction of photography, don’t miss this event. And take advantage of the $25 discount with the promo code “Luminance2012” — details and registration here.