Are you a creative who understands the things in business that trump aesthetics?
If not (or if you’re not sure), listen to my recent podcast interview with Douglas Davis, part of the Creative Freelancer Business Conference/HOW Live Speaker Podcast series. His topic at CFBC is Creative Strategy and the Business of Design and he’ll be presenting on Friday, May 16 in Boston.
In our conversation we talked about how important it is to stay relevant as a creative by learning how to be a strategic partner to your clients – instead of “just” a pair of hands.
Douglas’ session will give you a taste of what you need to know and what skills you need to develop so you can pitch the ideas, not just execute them, including:
- what the decision makers (your clients) are trying to achieve
- how your creative services impact the bottom line
Douglas says it’s a different language and a different way of thinking but more and more important as design services become more and more commoditized.
In his CFBC session, you’ll also:
- Learn to recognize what marketing prospects are asking for and translate it into design-friendly direction.
- Get a framework for identifying and organizing the essential elements of each project.
- Learn a simple approach to articulating strategy in your creative presentation.
It’s going to be a great session so I hope to see you there. You can still use my personal promotion code (ILISE14) for an extra $50 off. So check out the rest of the schedule and sign up here.