Pricing design work is an important and challenging topic for creative professionals, so here’s a roundup of the most popular posts on how to price creative services.
- 3-Tier Pricing Strategy That Works Like Crazy via Ed Gandia’s Smarter Freelancer Podcast.
- How Laura Foley used the 3-tiered pricing technique the day after she learned it from Jason Blumer at HOW Design Live
- The Pricing Bundle: The Tools for Smart Pricing (includes hourly rate & overhead worksheets for creative pros + audio interview with Sarah Durham of Big Duck and Cameron Foote of Creative Business).
- The Art & Science of Pricing: read the HOW Magazine article by Ilise Benun or listen to the podcast (read by the author)
- Freelance Proposals and Pricing (from HOW Magazine)
- 3 Pricing Tricks to Help You Sell More by Adda Birnir on Daily Worth
- More Pricing Tips (and Resources) (plus a video interview with Mike McDerment, CEO of Freshbooks on value pricing).
- Pricing Experiments to Learn From by Peep Laja
- And if that’s not enough, check out “Everything You Need to Know About Freelance Rates, Pricing and Fees” on the Freelancers Union Blog
I’m sure there are more pricing tips — what did we miss? Post it in the comments and share what you’ve learned!