- Moonlighting freelancer
- In house designer who may one day go freelance
- New freelancer who isn’t sure if you can make freelancing work
- A veteran… freelancer who wants to take your business to the next level
…then it just might be time to take my brand new 2-week, online course, “How To Start Your Own Freelance Business” — which starts this Monday, March 10. (Take advantage of my promo code “IBENUN” for 20% off).
In this multi-media, self-paced, two week course, I will show you how to set a strong foundation and then we’ll cover the four hats you wear as a successful freelancer. You’ll learn about marketing and sales, client relations and etiquette, pricing and taxes, and how to establish a work/life balance.
You’ll walk away with a solid understanding of how to get started on your own, and the processes to ensure you’re set-up for success, plus:
- A plan!
- A contract/agreement to use with every single project
- 3 variations on your “elevator pitch”
- Your calculated hourly rate (based on your actual overhead)
- Your business policies
- Responses to typical “red flag” situations
- And much more!
Here’s the syllabus — it’s a lot but you can come back to it again and again throughout your career once you’ve downloaded all the material.
- What it Takes to Succeed as a Freelancer
- Reading: The Freedom of Freelancing
- Audio: What It Takes to Be a Successful Freelancer
- Integrating Your Values & Vision into Your Business
- Audio: Integrating Values Into Your Positioning
- Companion Worksheet
- The Nuts ‘n Bolts
- Reading: How to Plan for the Jump
- Reading: Freelancing 101-103
- Audio: What to Expect When You’re Freelancing
- The Legal Basics of Freelancing
- Audio: Legal Basics of Freelancing
- The Importance of a Strong Network
- Reading: The Four Types of People You Need in Your Network
- Back Office Task Checklist
- Reading: Back Office Task Checklist
- Assignment 1: Setting Your Strong Foundation
- Bonus Material
LESSON 2 SYLLABUS: The 4 Essential Aspects of Freelancing
- Money: Pricing Basics
- Reading: The Business Mindset
- Audio: The Art & Science of Pricing
- Audio: The Dark Art of Pricing
- Marketing/Sales: Your Ideal Client and the 5 Best Marketing Tools
- Video: A Little Marketing Every Day Goes a Long Way
- Reading: 3 Steps to Find Your Ideal Clients
- Video: Marketing-Smart Websites
- Client Relations: Setting Boundaries
- Audio: Saving Your Sanity Through Better Client Relations
- Reading: Managing Your Clients
- Reading: Your Business Policies
- Work/Life Balance: What Is Your Ideal Day?
- Video: Design Mom
- Audio: What the Heck Is “Work/Life Balance” Anyway?
- Success Stories from Freelancers Who Took the Leap
- Reading & Video: Nick Matarese of The Creative Barn
- Reading & Audio: Jill Anderson of Jill Lynn Design
- Assignment 2: Creating Your Freelance Business
It’s a lot but all necessary to do it right. I hope you’ll join me and of course, take advantage of my promo code (IBENUN) for 20% off when you register here. It starts this week and is all at your own pace.