Today, we’re featuring more notes from CFC 2012, taken by writer, Alison Harrison of Alison Harrison Communications, who has graciously offered to share what she learned about qualifying questions to ask inbound leads.
When a prospective client calls, ask:
- Source – How did you learn about me?
- Need – What are you looking to accomplish? How are you addressing this now?
- Timing – When’s your go-live date?
- Decision process – How important is price in you decision-making process? Are you also talking to other writers?
- What budget do you have to work with?
- Have funds been allocated?
- Offer a ball park estimate ( and then shut up) : That sounds like it would be about $X
Do you have any others on the “must ask” list?