The Internal Revenue Service, has produced The Virtual Small Business Tax Workshop (a series of 9 videos) especially for the self employed. Watch them here.
The FreshBooks blog has several posts this week dedicated to taxes. Here’s one, “Writeoffs for freelancers.”
Our resident expert, June Walker, has a very handy table on her site with questions (and answers) in various tax-related categories.
- Which of your “numbers” you should know at all times (to relieve stress)
- Money habits to help control your finances (and relieve stress)
- Which “metrics” you should be tracking to make sure you’re on track (and to relieve the stress of not knowing)
- How to handle RFPs (and how to decide which ones to actually do)
- How to tell a bad contract from a good contract (also to relieve stress)