On Thursday, April 14, I’m giving the last in the Take Control of Your Money DesignCast series. This third part focuses on “How to Manage Your Money” and I am pleased to announce a special guest (and financial expert) will be joining me to talk about things you probably don’t want to talk about, but really need to, if you plan to be successful in business (and in life, for that matter).
Galia Gichon of Down to Earth Finance (and speaker at Creative Freelancer Conference 2010) will answer questions about:
- The numbers you need to know
- Controlling your money habits
- Cash spending plans
- Saving for retirement
I will also be outlining a few basic metrics you should be tracking in your business (all also covered in my new book, The Creative Professional’s Guide to Money), such as:
- How many clients you need to have and what percentage of your business each should make up
- What percentage of proposals submitted you should be winning (if you’re winning all of them, you’re probably not charging enough)
- How many billable hours to be aiming for
What other money basics do you want to know about?