We don’t advocate quitting your full-time job to attend the Creative Freelancer Conference, but each year, we meet people who do. Megan Coleman is freelance web designer who quit her full-time job a week before the very first CFC in 2008.
I interviewed Megan recently, and we took a look at what she’s accomplished in the past 3 years, both her highlights and her surprises. Even though she still finds it hard to believe that she’s actually doing it (freelancing), she is, in fact, making it work and growing more confident each day.
In this interview, Megan tells me:
- How she knew it was time to quit her full-time job.
- How she prepared for freelancing.
- Whether she used up all the money she saved.
- How she got her first few clients.
- Why she recommends doing some freelance work on the side first.
Megan also talks about where she is now, and her goals for this year’s CFC in Chicago: focusing on her business, getting pumped up, and getting inspired by other creative professionals are just a few.
And come meet Megan at CFC, June 23-24th in Chicago. The early-bird discount ends May 1st. Register now!