Lots of people are on vacation this month and you could be saying to yourself, “August is slow so I may not reach my monthly revenue goal. But at least I don’t have to work as hard.”
I’ve noticed that when you say things like this, they tend to be true.
However, you could also say to yourself, “August is the best time to market because, although lots of people are on vacation, the ones who aren’t are more relaxed and open to talking to me.”
It all depends on how you choose to see it. I personally choose to see August as a great time for marketing. If you do too, here are some of the things you could be doing this month:
- Putting a marketing plan in place.
- Revamping your web site.
- Getting your finances in order.
- Improving their proposal template (with the Proposal Bundle for Designers).
- Updating your LinkedIn Profile
- Cleaning up your database and starting an email newsletter that’s ready to launch in Sept.
What are you doing that you don’t usually have time for? Are you finding clients needing your help prepping for the Fall rush? Or maybe August isn’t slow for you at all. Let us know!