Don’t be shy—now is the time to share your good news!
When one of my packaging designs was recently chosen to be included in a book (you can find my news page here), I realized I don’t have a plan of action for sharing good news with clients and other members of my network. Being a major listmaker, I jotted down a list for future reference and thought I would share them with others.
Tips for sharing good (business) news
- Write a blog post, include an image if possible
- Tweet the good news, include a link to your blog post
- Post an image of the award or project on your Flickr or Facebook page
- Post on the News or Press page of your website
- Mention it in your e-newsletter
- Add the project to your online portfolio, include a sentence or two about the award or publication
- For online mentions, take a screenshot for use in your portfolio or News page on your website
- Mention it to business or networking groups you’re a member of—if they have a group page, post it there as well
- Send a press release to local small business writers or editors
- Send a promotional mailing, i.e. a postcard or one-sheet with details of the project and/or award
- Last but not least, send a handwritten thank you note to the publisher or editor, expressing your gratitude for the opportunity
Am I forgetting anything?