Don’t miss these great events from our excellent partner, Freelancer’s Union: a live event in NY on March 8 with Ilise Benun and Galia Gichon and a webinar on March 16 with Luke Mysse. Read on for details….
IN PERSON- Brooklyn, NY:
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 – 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM (ET)
The Cure to “Feast or Famine” Freelancing
Join Galia Gichon and Ilise Benun—financial and marketing experts—at a workshop especially designed for freelancers focused on their bottom line. You’ll walk away with an easy to use spending and savings plan, realistic income projections, and a simple marketing plan.
Learn how to:
- Budget for the freelance lifestyle
- Figure out what you really need to earn and identify key expenses
- Save for a rainy day—and for retirementIdentify what types of clients and projects you need to find and how to pursue them
- Decipher which marketing tools attract the best and highest-paying clients
- Fit simple marketing tasks into your day to day life to avoid the Feast or Famine Syndrome
More info & sign up here: http://feastfaminefreelancingmarch2011.eventbrite.com/
WEBINAR – Which Hat Are You Wearing Today?
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 – 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM (ET)
Freelancers, in Luke Mysse’s view, are really “solopreneurs”—entrepreneurs who single handedly wear a lot of different hats, and he knows firsthand how donning all those different hats can make you feel like you’re carrying the weight of the world. A veteran solopreneur himself, Luke will show you how to feel lighter by wearing these hats better and getting more done both professionally and personally. (Hint: Wearing your hats better increases the velocity of your business, which in turn leads to more success—and more time to do the things you love.)
In this webinar, Luke will help you organize your hat rack. That is: identify your different hats, understand how they fit into your life and your business, and see what you can accomplish when they’re well organized.
You’ll learn about:
- The Operations Hat: Envisioning your perfect week.
- The Marketing Hat: Identifying your business’s wants and needs.
- The Creative Hat: Staying fresh and discovering your reset button.
- The Planning Hat: Knowing your next move.
More info & sign up here: http://whichhatmar16.eventbrite.com/