In the 40-minute conversation (link below), Cedric shares all sorts of secrets about how he markets himself to build a client list that includes, Disney, DreamWorks, Wal-Mart, Target and Crayola, to name a few. He goes into:
- How things have changed since he started his illustration business 13 years ago
- What used to work — but doesn’t anymore
- How many samples you should have in your portfolio
- What happened when he tried advertising in 10 sourcebooks ($$$!) in the same year (you can guess)
- Mistakes people make with social media and where it should fit in the “marketing mix” (including blogging)
- How to network when you’re an introvert (read his blog post, Networking for Dummies.)
He also demystifies cold calling, including when to call back and how often, why having a script could mess you up. And he actually recites his simple script. It’s one helpful hint after another!