A great poster design is something you should be proud of and show off. Now is your opportunity to do just that. HOW’s Poster Design Awards is back, and is inviting all poster designers to submit their jaw-dropping poster designs — from music, movie poster designs to letterpress, typographic posters. We want to see it all! This design competition will be judged be an industry leader in poster design, and winners will appear in an exclusive online gallery.
CLOSED-Winner to be notified by December 31, 2014
- All posters must be submitted online by 11:59 pm EST on December 1, 2014.
- The image size of the file must not exceed 1280 x 1024 pixels.
- The image can be saved at a resolution that will enable us to zoom in to see details during judging, but the file size must not exceed 5MB. File formats: .gif, .jpeg, .png, .pdf.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Student work is accepted.
- NOTE: HOW’s e-commerce store, MyDesignShop.com, is looking for high quality posters to sell in the store. If you are planning to enter the HOW Poster competition and have posters that you would like to sell in MyDesignShop.com please check the box on the entry form that indicates your interest and someone from the store will be in touch with you to discuss the details.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries.
HOW Poster Design Awards-Payment Center
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242 USA
Work must have been created between January 1, 2013, and the competition’s final deadline.
- Deadline: December 1, 2014
- Single entries are $50.
- Campaign/Series are $65.
The regular deadline is December 1, 2014 (11:59 pm EST).
By submitting work and entry fees, entrants acknowledge HOW’s right to reproduce images of their work and showcase the winners on HOW’s website, print materials, related digital products and display the projects at HOW events.
HOW assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein.
HOW is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes.
Ten Winners & one Readers’ Choice will be chosen to receive:
- The Top 10 Poster Design Winners are recognized in a public gallery on HOWDesign.com, a site that receives over 3 million visits annually. Check out previous winner galleries.
- The gallery containing the Top 10 Poster Winners will be promoted in HOW’s design newsletter, which reaches nearly 80,000 subscribers
- From the Top 10 winners, visitors to HOWDesign.com will have a window of time to vote for one Reader’s Choice Best of Show winner, which will receive additional attention as the featured project in Behind the Design, a column in HOW magazine
- All 10 winners will receive a prize pack of design books from HOW’s official online store – MyDesignShop.com and a year-long membership to HOW Design University videos.
HOW will notify the top 10 winners by December 31, 2014, after judging is complete. Dates for the online gallery will be announced at that time.
If you have additional questions, email us at HOWemail@example.com or call (715) 445-4612 ext. 13430.