Get national exposure with the best competition in the industry for in-house designers.
HOW’s In-House Design Awards recognize the best creative work produced by in-house designers doing in-house work for corporations, associations and organizations. From corporate identity, sales collateral, point-of-purchase displays, employee communication, membership materials and more, this premiere awards program shines a spotlight on an under-represented segment of the design industry, giving in-house designers the kudos they deserve. Submissions are evaluated by business category to ensure that a broad range of design work is represented.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. WINNERS WILL APPEAR IN THE JANUARY 2015 ISSUE.
- National exposure of your name and corporate work
- See how your work compares to the work of your peers
- Clients like working with “award-winning” designers
- A chance to have your work featured in HOW’s January 2015 issue
- Great Prizes
- All entries must be entered online.
- You may submit up to 5 images per entry (5 MB per photo).File formats: *.gif;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.pdf;*.mov;*.avi;*.mp4;*.wma. You may also submit physical samples and website links. If you are sending physical samples, we need 2 samples per entry. They must be unmounted. If digital images are provided on a CD, DVD or flash drive, you must also include printouts of the images.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or less and include the description in the online Entry Form.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. Payment must accompany entries. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
Early-Bird: May 1 June 2, 2014 Single entry – $105 (stationery systems are counted as single entries) Campaign/Series – $130 (three or more pieces that function as a system)
- Regular: July 18, 2014
- Single entry – $115 (stationery systems are counted as single entries)
- Campaign/Series – $140 (three or more pieces that function as a system)
All regular entries must be submitted online no later than July 18, 2014 (11:59 pm EST). If you are sending physical samples, they must be postmarked by July 18.
By submitting work and entry fees, entrants acknowledge HOW’s right to reproduce images of their work and showcase the winners in HOW’s January 2015 issue, on HOW’s website, print materials, related digital products and display the projects at HOW events.
HOW assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein.
HOW is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes.
Best of Show Winner Receives:
- Two-page spread in HOW’s January 2015 issue
- Representation in our online gallery and archive
- Press release to the design community promoting your win
- Trip to the 2015 HOW Design Live Conference
Merit Winners Receive:
- Publication in HOW magazine
- $100 gift certificate toward the 2015 HOW Design Live Conference
HOW will notify winners in August, after judging is complete.
Enter all print and interactive work in the category that best describes your company’s industry.
- Education (schools, universities, daycare)
- Entertainment (music, movies, media, sports)
- Financial/Legal (banks, mortgage companies, investment firms)
- Government (local, state, federal)
- Food & Beverage
- Health Care (pharmaceuticals, doctors’ offices, hospitals, insurance providers)
- Nonprofit Institutions, Organizations & Associations (museums, zoos, churches, charities)
- Technology & Science
- Architecture/Interior Design
If you have additional questions, e-mail us at HOWemail@example.com or call (715) 445-4612 ext. 13430.
Browse previous winners InHOWse Competition Winners in our Design Awards Gallery.