CLOSED-Next year’s competition will open in November
HOW’s In-House Design Awards recognize the best creative work produced by designers doing in-house work for corporations, associations and organizations. From corporate identity, sales collateral, point-of-purchase displays, employee communication, membership materials and more, this premiere awards program shines a spotlight on an under-represented segment of the design industry. Submissions are evaluated by business category to ensure that a broad range of design work is represented
You can manage an existing entry
- BEST OF SHOW Winner scores a free trip to HOW DESIGN LIVE 2017 (includes: round-trip airfare, hotel and conference registration), plus an award to be presented at the conference.
- BEST OF SHOW Winner will enjoy a 2-page spread in the Winter Issue of HOW.
- All Winners (Best of Show, Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners) will see their work in HOW’s Winter 2016 issue.
- All Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners will receive a $100 discount on any HOW Design Live 2017 registration.
- All Winners will be announced in a feature article on HOWDesign.com.
- All Winners will receive a press release template for use in promoting your win.
- All winners will receive a complimentary copy of the Winter 2016 issue of HOW.
Vanessa Dewey (pictured right), art director, Mattel Inc. and member of the AIGA Inhouse Initiative Task force [See Dewey in person at HOW Design Live, May 19–23 in Atlanta, where she’ll talk about how to create boundary-pushing branding and packaging in-house.]
- Education (schools, universities, daycare)
- Entertainment (music, movies, media)
- Financial/Legal (banks, mortgage companies, investment firms)
- Government (local, state, federal)
- Food & Beverage
- Health Care (pharmaceuticals, doctors’ offices, hospitals, insurance providers)
- Nonprofit Institutions, Organizations & Associations (museums, zoos, churches, charities)
- Technology & Science
- Architecture/Interior Design
How to Enter
- Entries must be entered online.
- You may submit up to 10 files per entry (10 MB per file). File formats for digital images include: .jpg and .jpeg and only (do not submit .png, .pdf, .tif or .gif files) in RGB color mode no smaller than 3 inches for the shortest dimension at 300 dpi. Larger dimensions are preferred for detail and cropping. If the entry is a website, please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for production in the magazine.If the entry is a video, file formats include: .mov; .avi; .mp4; .wma. Please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for production in the magazine.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Release date of submission must fall between May 1, 2015 and this competition’s final deadline.
- Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or less and include the description on the entry form.
- For more information including project delivery methods see Preparing You Entry.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries. -See Pricing and Deadlines
HOW In-House Design Awards-Payment Center
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242 USA
Do you want to check out the winners from past competitions? Click here
To receive occasional updates on deadlines, when winners are announced and other design competitions information, sign up for the Design Competition Email.