HOW Interactive Design Awards is the one-stop competition that brings together website, app, kiosk and interactive design awards. Designs will be judged in categories, such as best app designs and best website designs, and from those categories merit winners will emerge. If an entry receives a perfect score by the web and interactive design expert judges, than it’ll be an outstanding achievement winner and be prominently displayed in HOW magazine, plus, the Best of Show winner will receive a year’s worth of online education from HOW Design University – Free! It’s the perfect chance to continue learning and growing entrants’ web design skills.
Send in your best interactive & web design work today!
Best of Show Winner Receives:
NEW! Unlimited, free access to HOW Design University online courses for one-year (a $15k+ value!)
- Trip to the 2014 HOW Design Live Conference or 2014 HOW Interactive Design Conference (round-trip airfare, hotel and registration paid by HOW)
- Prominent representation in our Interactive Competition online gallery and archive
- Featured article on HOWDesign.com
- Prominent feature in HOW Magazine’s July 2014 Issue
Merit Winners Receive:
- Inclusion in our Interactive Competition online gallery and archive
- $100 gift certificate toward the 2014 HOW Design Live Conference or 2014 HOW Interactive Design Conference.
HOW will notify winners in December 2013, after judging is complete. No entries will be returned.
HOW TO ENTER
- You can either enter online or by mail using the offline entry form.
If entering online:
- Complete the online entry form, provide the website URL or upload files, and pay by credit card online during checkout. Include passwords/user name if necessary. For file uploads, suggested file types include: *.gif;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.pdf;*.mov;*.avi;*.mp4;*.wma.
- If applicable, please also provide 3-5 images or screen shots of your entry at 300dpi; CMYK color mode; JPEG format; no spot colors please. File size should not exceed 5 MB.
- If you prefer to pay by check instead of paying by credit card, simply choose the “check” option at checkout, and follow instructions after completing your checkout.
- Check payments must include a copy of the completed entry form, and must be mailed by the entry deadline.
If entering offline:
- Send two well-protected disks or CD-ROMs for each entry, following the same parameters as online entries (provide 3-5 images or screen shots of your entry at 300dpi; CMYK color mode; JPEG format; no spot colors please. File size should not exceed 5 MB). Submit your entry on DVD or CD-ROMs (Mac or Win).
- Include instructions for loading and running the entry. Include passwords/user name if necessary
- Please send two sets (one disk & one entry form) per entry, along with your payment form (if you paid by credit card online) or your check (if not paying by credit card online)
- If you use the offline entry form instead of registering your entry online, type or print your entry form. Entries accompanied by illegible forms will be disqualified.
- Mail entries to the address below.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds, drawn on a U.S. bank) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Payment must accompany entries. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries. Credit card charges will appear on your statement as “F+W Contest” within 90 days of the contest deadline.
HOW Interactive Design Awards
8469 Blue Ash Road Road, Suite 100
Cincinnati, OH 45236
If you wish to be notified of the receipt of your entry, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
- Deadline Extended: November 1, 2013
- Regular Entry – $115
- Multimedia Campaign – $190
- Student Entry – $75
- Student Multimedia Campaign* – $110
- All entries must be submitted and postmarked no later than November 1, 2013 (11:59 pm EST).
- By submitting work and entry fees, entrants acknowledge HOW’s right to reproduce images of their work and showcase the winners in HOW’s July 2014 issue, on HOW’s website, print materials, related digital products and display the projects at HOW events.
- HOW assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein.
- HOW is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes.
Work must have been created between July 1, 2012, and November 1, 2013. Any interactive, interface or motion designs for the web, for kiosks, for broadcast or for use on Macintosh or Windows platforms, including CD-ROMs and DVDs, are eligible.
- Business-to-business Websites
- Consumer Web sites
- Self-Promotional Web sites
- Digital Promotions/Ads
- Digital Publications
- Motion Designs
- Student Work
Your entry will be judged using the following criteria, by the judges listed below:
- How well does the entry achieve its client’s mission?
- How well does the entry communicate?
- How easy is it to navigate the entry?
- How strong is the entry aesthetically?
- How strong is the entry technically?
Please include a description of the objectives of your entry with your entry form to help the judges fully evaluate your project.
For additional information email HOWemail@example.com.