Deadline: August 14, 2015
HOW International Design Awards recognizes excellence on a global scale. Our international design competition is the only competition that prominently recognizes winners in its award-winning magazine – HOW Magazine. The Best of Show Winner and Outstanding Achievement winners are featured in an issue with an in-depth article that showcases the award-winning designs and designers alike. Winners span the globe and give readers of HOW magazine a taste of design innovation on an international design scale.
You can manage an existing entry HERE
- BEST OF SHOW Winner scores a free trip to HOW DESIGN LIVE 2016 (includes: round-trip airfare, hotel and conference registration), plus an award to be presented at the conference.
- BEST OF SHOW Winner will enjoy a 2-page spread in the Spring Issue of HOW.
- All Winners (Best of Show, Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners) will see their work in HOW’s Spring 2016 issue.
- All Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners will receive a $100 discount on any HOW Design Live 2016 registration.
- All Winners will be announced in a feature article on HOWDesign.com and featured in its online gallery.
- All Winners will be formally announced in the HOW eNewsletter.
- All Winners will be announced via social media.
- All Winners will be featured on Pinterest throughout the year.
- All Winners will receive an exclusive Digital Seal to be used to promote your win.
- All Winners will receive a press release template for use in promoting your win.
- All winners will receive a complimentary copy of the Spring 2016 issue of HOW.
- ALL ENTRANTS will receive access to a FREE Webinar.
HOW will notify the winners by October 31 2015, after judging is complete.
- Packaging (consumer goods)
- 3D Objects (t-shirts, tote bags, calendars, etc.)
- Invitations/announcements/greeting cards
- Identity (logos/ letterhead/business cards)
- Editorial (single article or entire publication/book)
- Covers & Jackets
- Annual reports/brochures/catalogs/direct mail
- Advertising (interactive or printed)
- Signage/Environmental Graphics
- Apps/Tablet Design
- Kiosks/Interactive Exhibits
- Video (commericals, short films, viral video, educational/instructional, motion graphics)
- Web & Blog Design
- Miscellaneous (style guides, complex promos, etc.)
- Student Work
- Entries may be entered online or offline using the downloadable entry form.
- You may submit up to 5 images per entry (5 MB per file).File formats: *.gif;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.pdf;*.mov;*.avi;*.mp4;*.wma.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or less and include the description on the entry form.
- For more information see Preparing You Entry.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries. -See Pricing and Deadlines
HOW International Design Awards-Payment Center
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242 USA
Do you want to check out the winners from past competitions? Click here
To receive occasional updates on deadlines, when winners are announced and other design competitions information, sign up for the Design Competition Email.