A logo is one of the most important aspects of any business, and most designers have spent a fair share of time creating effective logos for clients. HOW Logo Design Awards began in 2008 and has quickly erupted as a prestigious logo design contest that recognizes the best. This design awards is judged by an industry leader who is well-regarded for stunning logo designs. A strong logo sets the tone for any venture, big or small.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. Winners will be notified by October 31, 2014. We will announce dates for the online gallery at that time.
Send in your best logo work and you could see it featured in HOW magazine!
- All logos must be submitted online by 11:59 pm EST on
July 1, 2014August 15, 2014.
- The image size of the file must not exceed 1280 x 1024 pixels.
- The image can be saved at a resolution that will enable us to zoom in to see details during judging, but the file size must not exceed 5MB. File formats: .gif, .jpeg, .png, .pdf; preferably in RGB color mode.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Student work is accepted.
- Submitted work must have been released between January 1, 2013 and the final competition deadline.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries.
HOW Logo Design Awards-Payment Center
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242 USA
Early-Bird Deadline: July 1, 2014 All entries are $45 per logo.
Deadline: August 15, 2014
- All entries are $55 per logo.
All entries must be submitted online no later than 11:59 pm EST on the deadline date.
By submitting work and entry fees, entrants acknowledge HOW’s right to reproduce images of their work and showcase the winners on HOW’s website, print materials, related digital products and display the projects at HOW events.
HOW assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein.
HOW is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes.
Ten Winners including one Readers’ Choice will be chosen to receive:
- The Top 10 Logo Design Winners are recognized in a public gallery on HOWDesign.com, a site that receives over 3 million visits annually. Check out previous winner galleries.
- The gallery containing the Top 10 Logo Winners will be promoted in HOW’s design newsletter, which reaches nearly 80,000 subscribers
- From the Top 10 winners, visitors to HOWDesign.com will have a window of time to vote for one Reader’s Choice Best of Show winner, which will receive additional attention as the featured project in Behind the Design, a column in HOW magazine
- All 10 winners will receive a prize pack of design books from HOW’s official online store – MyDesignShop.com and a year-long membership to Design TV.
HOW will notify winners by October 31, 2014, after judging is complete. Dates for the online gallery will be announced at that time.
This year we snagged Dave Gouveia to pour over your logos and pull out the ones we all want to see. Gouveia has worked in the design industry for over 19 years. He founded the design studio 3 Dogz Creative Inc. with two co-workers in 2000. During 3 Dogz’s ten years in business, he helped pursue and acquire high-profile clients such as IMAX, Levi’s and Visa International.
With two entries in the publication Identity Crisis: 50 Redesigns That Transformed Stale Identities into Successful Brands, and a variety of other successful logo designs under his belt, Gouveia has the perfect mix of identity experience: from small businesses to corporate makeovers. He’s been a design judge for various International competitions, has spoken about design and creativity for associations like the AIGA and the HOW Design Conference, designed and co-authored Creative Stuff: An Activity Book for Visual Thinkers and been featured in various publications on design such as the Big Book of Self Promotion and Caffeine for The Creative Team. He currently freelances for companies such as the Canadian Cancer Society, 9 Story Entertainment and Harlequin.
If you have additional questions, email us at HOWemail@example.com or call (715) 445-4612 ext. 13430.
Browse previous winners Logo Competition Winners in our Online Logo Design Gallery.