A logo is one of the most important aspects of any business, and most designers have spent a fair share of time creating effective logos for clients. HOW Logo Design Awards began in 2008 and has quickly erupted as a prestigious logo design contest that recognizes the best. This design awards is judged by an industry leader who is well-regarded for stunning logo designs. A strong logo sets the tone for any venture, big or small.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. HOW will notify winners by October 31, 2013, after judging is complete. Dates for the online gallery will be announced at that time.
Send in your best logo work and you could see it featured in HOW magazine!
- All logos must be submitted online by 11:59 pm EST on
July 1August 12, 2013.
- The image size of the file must not exceed 1280 x 1024 pixels.
- The image can be saved at a resolution that will enable us to zoom in to see details during judging, but the file size must not exceed 5MB. File formats: .gif, .jpeg, .png, .pdf.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries.
HOW Logo Design Awards-Payment Center
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242 USA
July 1August 12, 2013
- All entries are $45 per logo.
All entries must be submitted and postmarked no later than
July 1 August 12, 2013 (11:59 pm EST).
By submitting work and entry fees, entrants acknowledge HOW’s right to reproduce images of their work and showcase the winners on HOW’s website, print materials, related digital products and display the projects at HOW events.
HOW assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein.
HOW is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes.
Ten Winners & one Readers’ Choice will be chosen to receive:
- The Top 10 Logo Design Winners are recognized in a public gallery on HOWDesign.com, a site that receives over 3 million visits annually. Check out previous winner galleries.
- The gallery containing the Top 10 Logo Winners will be promoted in HOW’s design newsletter, which reaches nearly 80,000 subscribers
- From the Top 10 winners, visitors to HOWDesign.com will have a window of time to vote for one Reader’s Choice Best of Show winner, which will receive additional attention as the featured project in Behind the Design, a column in HOW magazine
- All 10 winners will receive a prize pack of design books from HOW’s official online store – MyDesignShop.com and a year-long membership to Design TV.
HOW will notify winners by October 31, 2013, after judging is complete. Dates for the online gallery will be announced at that time.
Robin Landa tells brand stories, designs, teaches, and presents at international conferences. She has won lots of awards (The National Society of Arts and Letters, The National League of Pen Women, Creativity, New Jersey Authors Award, the Art Directors Club of New Jersey, Graphic Design USA, Rowan University, Kean University, Carnegie Foundation “Great Teachers of Our Time”, and she was a finalist in the Wall Street Journal’s Creative Leaders competition) and has worn all-black since she was sixteen. She has written 18 books about branding, design, advertising, creativity, and drawing, including her first (but not last) children’s book, The Dream Box, illustrated by Modern Dog Design Co.
Robin’s numerous tomes include the bestseller Graphic Design Solutions, 5th edition, Essential Graphic Design Solutions, Advertising by Design, 2nd edition, Take A Line For A Walk: A Creativity Journal, and Designing Brand Experiences. You can read them in Chinese or Spanish, too.
With esteemed colleagues, Robin co-authored 2D:Visual Basics for Designers with Rose Gonnella and Steven Brower; Visual Workout with Rose Gonnella; and a set: Creative Jolt & Creative Jolt Inspirations with Denise Anderson and Rose Gonnella. (Stay tuned for Robin’s next book, DRAW! The guided sketchbook that teaches you how to draw.)
As a Distinguished Professor in the Robert Busch School of Design at Kean University, Robin appreciates the opportunity to mentor very talented people who are forbidden to check their phones while she’s lecturing unless they slip her some low-fat treats. Her students have gone on to successful visual communication careers; a few are featured in this book.
Robin has developed brand stories, designed, and written copy for Lava Dome Creative, among other design studios and ad agencies. Now, as creative director of her own firm, robinlanda.com, Robin works closely with marketing executives and their companies and organizations to develop brand strategy and stories as well as enhance corporate creativity through seminars. If you want to reach her to discuss design or life, you can find Robin on Twitter: @rlanda or at robinlanda.com.
If you have additional questions, email us at HOWemail@example.com or call (715) 445-4612 ext. 13430.
Browse previous winners Logo Competition Winners in our Online Logo Design Gallery.