Deadline: March 13, 2017
HOW’s longest-running design competition, the HOW Promotion & Marketing Design Awards, is the only award that specifically recognizes outstanding promotion design work! Whether it’s a self-promo to showcase a design firm’s capabilities, a project that touts a client’s goods, an announcement for a major life event, or a student designer’s résumé or design portfolio, if it’s your finest promotional design work, we want to see it. And you deserve some hard-earned recognition.
You can manage an existing entry HERE
- BEST OF SHOW Winner scores a free registration to HOW DESIGN LIVE 2018, plus an award to be presented at the conference.
- BEST OF SHOW Winner will enjoy a 2-page spread in the Fall Issue of HOW.
- All Winners (Best of Show, Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners) will see their work in HOW’s FALL 2017 issue.
- All Winners (Best of Show, Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners) will receive a $100 discount on any HOW Design Live 2018 registration.
- All Winners will be announced in a feature article on HOWDesign.com and featured in its online gallery.
- All Winners will be formally announced in the HOW eNewsletter.
- All Winners will be announced via social media.
- All Winners will be featured on Pinterest throughout the year.
- All Winners will receive an exclusive Digital Seal to be used to promote your win.
- All Winners will receive a press release template for use in promoting your win.
- All winners will receive a complimentary copy of the Fall 2016 issue of HOW.
HOW will notify the winners by August 31, 2017, after judging is complete.
HOW is proud to announce the 2017 judges:
CHARLES S. ANDERSON
In 2014 Anderson was honored with the AIGA Medal for exceptional achievement in the field of design. His company, CSA Design, specializes in creating brand identities, in addition to analog, digital and interactive products, and is among the profession’s most influential design firms. In addition to its award-winning client work for clients including Target, Nike and Paramount Pictures, CSA Design is unique in creating an extensive archive of licensable artwork, and has expanded the definition of design.
Cherry is the founder and principal at Lunch, a multidisciplinary studio in Atlanta, GA that helps creative brands craft messages and tell stories for their targeted audiences, including fostering relationships with underrepresented communities. Cherry is well-known for the Black Weblog Awards, the Web’s longest running event celebrating Black bloggers, video bloggers and podcasters. His projects and overall design work and advocacy have been recognized by NPR, News One, CNN, AIGA, HOW, Print, The Atlanta-Journal Constitution, and The Los Angeles Times.
Three Emmy Award nominations, a renown branding agency, two start-ups, and a publication. Behind it, Santosa: creative director, entrepreneur, and dreamer. Born in Indonesia, raised in Singapore, she emigrated to the U.S. at 17. In 2006, she started her branding agency, Ferroconcrete. Her first client Pinkberry, grew from 1 store to a global brand with over 200 stores worldwide. She also co-founded Commodity in 2013, a fragrance company with a mission to make “fragrance personal.” And as a downtown LA early adopter, Santosa created LA Downtowner, a print publication that reveals an insiders view of downtown LA’s culture, food, drinks, fashion and the people who shape it.
- CLIENT PROMOTIONS: created for paying customers (brochures, annual reports, ads, corporate identities, etc.)
- DESIGNER SELF- PROMOTIONS: created to promote your design business
- PERSONAL PROMOTIONS: created to celebrate life events (invitations, birth announcements, etc.)
- PRO-BONO PROMOTIONS: created for free or at a discounted rate
- ILLUSTRATOR PROMOTIONS: created for illustrators (not just work that includes illustration)
- PHOTOGRAPHER PROMOTIONS: created for photographers (not just work that includes photography)
- STUDENT PROMOTIONS: created while you were in school (whether you’ve graduated or not)
- MISCELLANEOUS PROMOTIONS: created for purpose other than those above
- Entries may be entered online.
- You may submit up to 10 files per entry (10 MB per file). File formats for digital images include: .jpg and .jpeg only (do not submit .tif, .png, .pdf or .gif files) in RGB color mode no smaller than 3 inches for the shortest dimension at 300 dpi. Larger dimensions are preferred for detail and cropping. If the entry is a website, please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for production in the magazine.If the entry is a video, file formats include: .mov; .avi; .mp4; .wma. Please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for production in the magazine.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Release date of submission must fall between March 11, 2016 and this competition’s final deadline.
- Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or less and include the description on the entry form.
- For more information including project delivery methods see Preparing Your Entry.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries. -See Pricing and Deadlines
HOW Promotion & Marketing Design Awards-Payment Center
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242 USA
Do you want to check out the winners from past competitions? Click here
To receive occasional updates on deadlines, when winners are announced and other design competitions information, sign up for the Design Competition Email.