Deadline: March 20, 2015
HOW’s longest-running design competition, the HOW Promotion & Marketing Design Awards, is the only award that specifically recognizes outstanding promotion design work! Whether it’s a self-promo to showcase a design firm’s capabilities, a project that touts a client’s goods, an announcement for a major life event, or a student designer’s résumé or design portfolio, if it’s your finest promotional design work, we want to see it. And you deserve some hard-earned recognition.
You can manage an existing entry HERE
- BEST OF SHOW Winner scores a free trip to HOW DESIGN LIVE 2016 (includes: round-trip airfare, hotel and conference registration), plus an award to be presented at the conference.
- BEST OF SHOW Winner will enjoy a 2-page spread in the Fall Issue of HOW.
- All Winners (Best of Show, Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners) will see their work in HOW’s FALL 2015 issue.
- All Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners will receive a $100 discount on any HOW Design Live 2016 registration.
- All Winners will be announced in a feature article on HOWDesign.com and featured in its online gallery.
- All Winners will be formally announced in the HOW eNewsletter.
- All Winners will be announced via social media.
- All Winners will be featured on Pinterest throughout the year.
- All Winners will receive an exclusive Digital Seal to be used to promote your win.
- All Winners will receive a press release template for use in promoting your win.
- All winners will receive a complimentary copy of the Fall 2015 issue of HOW.
- ALL ENTRANTS will receive access to a FREE Webinar.
HOW will notify the winners by May 29, 2015, after judging is complete.
- CLIENT PROMOTIONS: created for paying customers (brochures, annual reports, ads, corporate identities, etc.)
- DESIGNER SELF- PROMOTIONS: created to promote your design business
- PERSONAL PROMOTIONS: created to celebrate life events (invitations, birth announcements, etc.)
- PRO-BONO PROMOTIONS: created for free or at a discounted rate
- ILLUSTRATOR PROMOTIONS: created for illustrators (not just work that includes illustration)
- PHOTOGRAPHER PROMOTIONS: created for photographers (not just work that includes photography)
- STUDENT PROMOTIONS: created while you were in school (whether you’ve graduated or not)
- MISCELLANEOUS PROMOTIONS: created for purpose other than those above
- Entries may be entered online or offline using the downloadable entry form.
- You may submit up to 5 files per entry (5 MB per file). File formats for digital images include: .jpg, .jpeg and .tif only (do not submit .png, .pdf or .gif files) in RGB color mode no smaller than 3 inches for the shortest dimension at 300 dpi. Larger dimensions are preferred for detail and cropping. If the entry is a website, please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for production in the magazine.If the entry is a video, file formats include: .mov; .avi; .mp4; .wma. Please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for production in the magazine. If submitting physical samples, and digital images are also available, please include both.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or less and include the description on the entry form.
- For more information see Preparing Your Entry.
We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries. -See Pricing and Deadlines
HOW Promotion & Marketing Design Awards-Payment Center
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242 USA
Do you want to check out the winners from past competitions? Click here
To receive occasional updates on deadlines, when winners are announced and other design competitions information, sign up for the Design Competition Email.