It’s no secret that graphic designers have a keen and often quirky eye when it comes to spotting beauty and intrigue in all sorts of objects. So HOW decided to ask a handful of design professionals, “What items are on your holiday wish lists?”
Aaron Draplin, founder of Draplin Design Co. and co-founder of the ever-popular Field Notes (read more in the sidelines column of the November 2012 issue of HOW), was first up and did not disappoint with his designer wish list. Draplin, who oozes with personality whether you’re following him on Twitter or seeing him on stage (he wowed spectators at HOW Design Live this past year), shared many angles to his bearded self through his wish list, including his softer side, his appreciation for sweat pants, and his admiration for cool stuff.
Aaron Draplin’s Designer Wish List
- Charity: “Quit spending yer money on bullshit and help someone. Find a charity, rescue mission or aid organization and donate some loot.”
- Baroness Green + Yellow vinyl
- Field Notes Archival Wooden Box
- Filson Duffle Bag: How we travel!
- Chris Ware “Building Stories”
- Home For The Holi-daze: Couch time at mom and dad’s parental compound in Michigan. Get yer asses home for the holi-daze, people!
Design Books for Your Holiday Wish List
- “The Strategic Web Designer“: How to Confidently Navigate the Web Design Process.
- “Success by Design“: The Essential Business Reference for Designers.
- “The Logo Brainstorm Book“: A Comprehensive Guide for Exploring Design Directions.