Office: 7-Point Manifesto For Success
In HOW’s March 2013 issue, we profile San Francisco-based design firm Office. Here, the Office team shares their 7-point manifesto for success.
- We believe that mediocrity is our nemesis.
- We believe that design should make you feel something.
- We believe in clarity.
- We believe that gut instincts are usually right.
- We believe in bringing together extraordinary creative minds. And then going bowling.
- We believe any color can be the new black … except for purple.
- We believe Buckminster Fuller when he said, “A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective economist, and evolutionary strategist.” (And we wish we had said it first.)
|For more resources about good design business practices, visit My Design Shop.From David Sherwin, the man that brought you the best selling Creative Workshop, here comes the business side of being creative! Success by Design is a reference for designers to remind themselves of best practices in the industry. Complex business advice and information is distilled into an easy-to-reference format that’s not meant to be read cover-to-cover, but to answer questions in the moment!