Get essential tips and advice from the brightest minds in the design industry delivered to your desktop in a live presentation. Tune in to Design Tutorials, graphic & web design webinars. These online, interactive design webinars are presented by industry experts and noted consultants. They last about an hour and include a Q&A session toward the end where you can get answers to your specific questions on the Design Tutorial topic. You can attend these online learning sessions live, or access them at a later date OnDemand.
Design iPad Apps from InDesign CC – without writing code – with Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition
Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition, provides designers with an intuitive way to create engaging, interactive iPad apps without writing code – directly from InDesign! Plus, Creative Cloud members can now submit an unlimited number of iPad apps to the Apple App Store as part of their
membership while also getting access to all the creative tools they need.
In this session, Rufus Deuchler, Design Evangelist at Adobe, will show you everything you need to know to design and prepare an iPad app for submission to the Apple App Store – without writing code! If you are familiar with InDesign, you have all the skills required to design an iPad app!
Design your app:
- Understand the difference between a single-issue and multi-issue app
- Install DPS Desktop Tools and take a tour of how to use these tools to design iPad app
- Use InDesign to design your iPad app layout
- Use InDesign to add interactivity
- Add interactive HTML such as Google maps or animations created in Adobe Edge
- Preview your content quickly and easily – including interactivity – directly on a connected iPad or on your desktop for rapid testing
Build your app:
- Move directly from InDesign to the DPS App Builder to prepare the final file that you can then submit to the Apple App Store
Date: Tuesday, July 9
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks: A Traditional Designer Explores the World of Digital Printing
After over 40 years of standing by a lithography press, internationally acclaimed designer Kit Hinrichs discovered the world of digital printing. He found previously unimagined ways to expand his vision, and opened his eyes to a new and innovative process. In this webinar, Kit will explain how he and his team created “SF Views,” a project developed for the HOW Conference that shares 15 designers’ impressions of San Francisco. The program included digital printing on 15 different substrates and a diverse selection of original artwork, photography and graphics, using a variety of HP Indigo digital presses, including the new HP Indigo 10000 and its 29-inch format.
Date: Tuesday, July 23
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Supercharge Your In-house Team
What are the key characteristics of a high-performing in-house team? What makes some in-house teams more highly valued than others? It isn’t just talented people and awards—trust us.
We all know the basic foundation of a solid in-house team lies in its ability to be creative. But how do members of a creative team collectively navigate the corporate landscape and ever-changing tides of client demands, constantly changing technology and software knowledge while producing stellar work and maintaining solid, collaborative working relationships with each other? It can be tough and nearly impossible for the very best teams.
In this one-hour webinar, Ed Roberts (Creative Director & InHOWse Editorial Council Member) shares how he’s been able to navigate through government agencies and corporate America to construct high-performing in-house teams … He’ll share, in great detail, the three characteristics of high-performing in-house teams and how YOU can transform your in-house team. You’ll walk away with tools you can put to work immediately!
- How to supercharge a low-performing in-house team
- How to establish a clear vision and set of core values
- How to acquire top talent and define team member roles and key accountabilities
- How to master effective communication and conflict resolution skills
Date: Wednesday, July 24
Time: 2 p.m. ET