Get essential tips and advice from the brightest minds in the design industry delivered to your desktop in a live presentation. Tune in to Design Tutorials, graphic & web design webinars. These online, interactive design webinars are presented by industry experts and noted consultants. They last about an hour and include a Q&A session toward the end where you can get answers to your specific questions on the Design Tutorial topic. You can attend these online learning sessions live, or access them at a later date OnDemand.
What’s New in Creative Cloud for Designers
Adobe recently announced a plethora of exciting new features that will soon be available in Adobe Creative Cloud! Creative Cloud brings together everything you need to create your greatest work. It gives you the very latest versions of the tools and services you love, coupled with more efficient ways to collaborate with your peers and share your work with the creative community. In this session Adobe Evangelist Terry White will show you the many benefits of Creative Cloud membership – collaborative tools that support an intuitive, connected way of creating – as well as these new product features that are available only through Creative Cloud: All-new Smart sharpen in Adobe Photoshop CC, Touch type tool in Adobe Illustrator CC, font menu enhancements in Adobe InDesign CC, and in-browser editing in Adobe Muse CC. Creative Cloud brings everything you need together in one place, simplifying the creative process from start to finish.
- How to save and share files, track comments posted to shared files and save versions of these files in Creative Cloud
- How to publish files from Creative Cloud directly to your Behance portfolio
- How to Sync Fonts to your desktop with Typekit
- How to achieve rich textures, crisp edged and distinct details in your images in Photoshop CC using all-new Smart sharpen
- How to enlarge a low-res image so it looks great in print with the Intelligent upsampling feature in Photoshop CC
- How to use the new Touch Type tool, which allows you to manipulate individual characters within a type object as if they were an individual object
- How to use the new Images in brushes feature in Illustrator CC
- Learn about the font menu enhancements in InDesign, which allow you to find the perfect font quickly, mark your favorites, and preview them in layout
- How to make simple edits to live websites using a web browser with Adobe Muse CC
Date: Tuesday, May 21
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Developing Winning Color Strategies in a Global Marketplace Live Design Tutorial
Because color influences 50 to 85 percent of ideas and product purchase decisions, it is a pivotal element to a successful design and brand strategy. Understanding how color plays into consumer’s consciousness and its affect on consumer purchasing decisions will help you to better integrate color into your design strategy, strengthen your overall message, shape customer perception and stand out in a competitive marketplace.
Date: Tuesday, May 28
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Effectively Integrate Social Media with your Website Live Design Tutorial
A few sharing icons and your latest tweets are not enough to integrate social media with your website. Users will have a disjointed experience as they move between channels, and your efforts to develop a social media content strategy will be undermined. In this live design tutorial, Paul Boag will help you discover what’s possible. With a website that plays nicely with social media you can increase customer retention, deepen engagement, and take advantage of the opportunity to convert a content consumer into a participant of the broader community you’re creating around your brand.
In Effectively Integrate Social Media with your Website, you’ll learn:
- How to treat social media as more than a tool to drive traffic
- About five areas you can leverage to better integrate social media with your website
- How to create an online ecosystem that builds relationships
Date: Wednesday, May 29
Time: 1 p.m. ET
Collaboration & Automation with tFlow will make your workflow ZING! Live Design Tutorial
Attend this webinar to learn how tFlow software will revolutionize your workflow. tFlow is many things. It’s a collaborative tool that will streamline your revision and approval process. It’s a PDF preflight tool that will ensure you deliver standardized and printable files to your print vendors. And it’s a color server that will repurpose your documents on the fly for optimal reproduction for any printing process.
tFlow is not like anything you have seen before – and you NEED to see it to believe it! It goes something like this… Export PDF from native application using tFlow plug-in, collaborate with anyone in the design process, revise and approve – all through an elegant web interface that tracks the progress of each project. Once approved, each job is preflighted, repurposed/optimized for specific printing processes, and delivered – all automatically. Everyone in the chain is kept informed via email every step of the way and your print providers receive files that hit the mark every time.
Sound like magic? It’s not, it’s tFlow.
Be more efficient. Get more done. Make sure it’s right.
Date: Thursday, May 30
Time: 2 p.m. ET
Freelancers Speak on Their Best Business Practices
A Preview of The Creative Freelancer Conference 2013.
As a creative professional, the key to running a successful business is to learn not only from “experts” in the industry, but also to hear from your peers about how they run their businesses and solve some of the same problems you have.
So please join us for a free online preview of one session at the Creative Freelancer Conference, June 6 @ 2pm ET to hear just that – a “from the trenches” session featuring 4 successful creatives who’ve been there, done that.
Each of them will share tips and strategies on how they run their businesses and you’ll discover what’s really working for today’s most successful freelancers. Sign up today and walk away with ideas and real world advice you can use immediately in your own business.
- Wish You Were Here: How to stop dreaming and make your business goals happen with Jenn David Connolly of Jenn David Design
- Defining Your Business Principles and Building From Them with Jason Early of GruntMonkey.com
- How I F***ed Up As A New Freelancer (Even Though I Knew Better) with Jen Lombardi of KiwiCreative.net
- The #1 Reason Things Go Wrong Even When You’re Doing Everything Right with Erin Pheil of TimeForCake.com
Moderator: Ilise Benun, Founder, Marketing Mentor & Co-Founder, Creative Freelancer Conference
Facilitator: Jezra Kaye, Speak Up for Success
Jenn David Connolly, Founder and Creative Director, Jenn David Design
Jen Lombardi, Head Honcho and Creative Genius, Kiwi Creative
Erin Pheil, Owner, TimeForCake Web Strategy
Jason Early, Founder & Designer, gruntmonkey
PLUS – Sign up for this free webinar and receive a coupon good for the Creative Freelancer Conference in San Francisco, June 22-24, 2013!
Date: Thursday, June 6
Time: 2 p.m. ET