Get essential tips and advice from the brightest minds in the design industry delivered to your desktop in a design workshop. Tune into our Design Workshops, presented by industry experts and noted consultants. We realize the busy schedule of designers, so we offer both live and ondemand workshops. The ondemand workshops last a week and can be accessed at any time during that week. The online, interactive design live workshops last about an hour and include a Q&A session toward the end where you can get answers to your specific questions on the Live Workshop topic. Not able to attend the live event? You can still enroll in the workshop and get access to the recording for an additional 30 days version at a later date.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Creating Great Infographics
In this workshop you’ll learn the pro tips of how to make an infographic, and more importantly, the lessons of what not to do when making an infographic. John Meyer and Amy Colgan, Co-Founders of Lemonly, a visual marketing firm that has made over 1,000 infographics, will take you through a deep-dive of their infographic process, from data set to designed infographic. They’ll also examine why infographics work and upcoming changes they see in the visual marketing space. This is an intermediate level class, so to get the most out of this course a basic understanding of graphic design and adobe CC tools are recommended.
In The Do’s and Don’ts of Creating Great Infographics, you’ll learn:
- Pro tips for creating a great infographic
- In-depth steps to creating an infographic, from gathering data to creating the design
- What not to do when creating an infographic
Date: July 28 – Oct. 3
How to Transition Your Creative Services Team to an In-house Agency
For years in-house creative services teams have reported that finding time for creativity and proving the value of the team are among their greatest challenges. Creative teams across the globe, in fact, are focusing on becoming strategic partners to their internal clients—an effort, they hope, will stop their teams from being seen as “drive-thru services” rather than the creative pros they are.
More and more, creative teams are realizing that it’s time to take more control of their work. In an attempt to prove their value, worth, and expertise to the internal clients they serve, several in-house creative teams, like Starbucks, Disney, and Blackbaud, have made the strategic decision to rebrand their teams to function as full-service, in-house creative agencies.
Does this trend make sense for your team? This webinar will discuss the following items to help you decide if transitioning to an in-house agency model is right for you:
In How to Transition Your Creative Services Team to an In-house Agency, you’ll learn:
- Creative Services vs. In-house Agency – is there really a difference?
- When and how the in-house agency model can benefit you
- 7 steps for getting started with your transition to the agency model
Date: Oct. 21
How to Become a Branding Expert
This workshop is a collection of our very popular branding workshop series with Marcia Hoeck and Ed Roach: Common Mistakes Designers Make with Branding and How to Fix Them, How to Position Yourself as a Branding Expert and How to Talk About Branding.
In How to Become a Branding Expert, you’ll learn:
- The 3 biggest mistakes designers make with branding
- How these mistakes are seriously limiting your earning potential
- How to make money with branding before the design work even begins
- How to use branding as a springboard to additional important graphic design work
- How to make your branding work more accepted by the client while making the design process easier for you
- Why it’s so difficult to position your firm, and how you can get over it
- What positioning has to do with confidence
- How narrowing your positioning will open doors instead of close them for you
- What qualifies you as an expert, anyway?
- What you need to know about branding to be believable in that positioning
- How to present your branding expertise without feeling icky or salesy
Adobe InDesign for Beginners
In this workshop, we will show you how to get started with Adobe InDesign. You will get acquainted with the toolbar, upper navigation menu and learn how to create a basic business card.
In Adobe InDesign for Beginners, you’ll learn:
- How to add text boxes
- How to place images into a document
- What tools you will use the most in the toolbox
- How to type text on a path
- How to create swatches
- and much more!