Wish you and your work could be seen in the pages of HOW, written about online or touted to HOW’s robust social media following? Or, are you interested in writing for HOW? See below for a number of ways to get involved:
- Write for us. If you’re interested in a freelance writing assignment, get to know our 2015 editorial calendar. Then submit a pitch, including an opening paragraph, outline and previous writing samples. Email HOW’s editor directly with your great idea: jessica(dot)kuhn(at)Fwcommunity(dot)com
- Enter one of HOW’s annual design competitions. There is limited room to devote entire features or columns to single projects in the printed product. Through HOW’s esteemed design competitions, we are able to showcase nearly 500 of the best projects in the magazine throughout the year.
- Drop us a line. Send information about a story idea you think is noteworthy and that we should cover, along with a JPG or PDF image. It helps to get to know HOW’s magazine editorial calendar and columns. Familiarize yourself with the recurring issue themes or columns and departments and target your pitches to a specific subject. See our mailing address below if you’d like to send us recent work or products to consider including in the LOOK section to review.
- Put us on your mailing list. Make us aware that you’re out there by sending us your promotional mailings, as you would a client or prospect.
Editorial Contact Info
Editor, HOW Magazine
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242
editorial at howdesign dot com
Here are other ways to be involved with HOW
- Advertise with us so your message can be seen by graphic design pros.
- Become an instructor for HOW Design University! From online courses to live webinars, video instruction and more, there’s opportunity for exposure in the fastest-growing area of our business. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
- Do you have a background in speaking? Got a compelling topic that you think graphic designers should hear? Fill out one of our speaker application forms to be considered.