Wish you and your work could be seen in the pages of HOW or in an outlet of the HOW brand? Here’s how you can do it:
- Become an instructor for HOW Design University! From online courses to live webinars, video instruction and more, there’s opportunity for exposure in the fastest-growing area of our business. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
- Enter one of HOW’s annual design competitions.
- Put us on your mailing list. Make us aware that you’re out there by sending us your promotional mailings, as you would a client or prospect. 10151 Carver Road, Suite 200, Blue Ash, OH 45242.
- Get to know HOW’s magazine editorial calendar. Familiarize yourself with the recurring issue themes, and target your pitches to a specific subject that’s the focus of an upcoming issue.
- Send information about a new project you think is noteworthy, along with a JPG or PDF image. Regular HOW columns that feature designers’ work include Designing Change, Sidelines, LOOK and Behind the Design. These columns generally profile a project from a particular angle—look at back issues for guidance. If you’ve completed a project that fits the topic of a specific column, let us know. We require a digital image of the project.
- Consider proposing an article you’d like to write for the magazine. If you’re interested in a freelance writing assignment, get to know our editorial calendar and check out our writer’s guidelines. Then submit a pitch, including an opening paragraph, outline and previous writing samples.
If you’re hoping to appear in the print magazine, don’t be discouraged if we can’t include your firm in an article right now. We have a limited amount of space in the magazine, and receive many more proposals than we can accommodate.
Editorial Contact Info
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200, Blue Ash, OH 45242
editorial at howdesign dot com