Date: April 29, 2010
Time: 4:00 P.M. EST
Duration: 1 hour
Our current information age has produced an inevitable crush of complicated data to sort through. Thankfully, there is a rising group of designers who present all this data in a way that we can understand and use. And for the last several years, no one has done it better than Nicholas Felton.
In this Master Class, Felton explains how detailed data leads to better stories, offers a few guidelines for displaying complicated data sets, and challenges you to use all five senses through the process.
In this Master Class DesignCast, you’ll learn:
• How to visualize large data sets
• How to go from an initial question to gathering, comparison, and display
• How to use sensors, whether hardware or software, to gather data
• How data helps satisfy curiosity, provides insight, and entertains
• How better data leads to better stories