We’re just two working days away from heading to Austin for this year’s big HOW Design Conference, so I wanted to share some last-minute info and advice for anyone who’s planning to join us (and I hope YOU are!):
• Beat the crowd at the registration desk and pick up your conference badge and materials starting at 1 p.m. Tuesday, June 23, on the first floor of the Austin Convention Center. Registration is open throughout the event.
• Expect it to be blazin’ hot outside and pretty cool inside the meeting space. Dress code ranges from business casual to T-shirts and jeans.
• We’ll be tweeting and blogging live during the conference, so stay tuned here for scoop, and follow us on Twitter: @HOWmag. Join the HOW Conference Twibe, and tag your tweets #HOWConf.
• Looking for places to eat and things to do in Austin? There’s no shortage of either, so start here.
What’s more, there are lots of extra activities on the agenda (official and otherwise) next week, including:
• A lunch group for designers who work for churches and other religious organizations on Thursday
• A lunch group for designers who work in-house on Friday
• A gay bar crawl following the Friday night reception
• A bar crawl on Sixth Street on Tuesday night
• Fun stuff for folks who aren’t into bar crawls
• The Designers Marketplace on Thursday evening
• Design History and Practice: Mano a Mano, a bracket-style tournament hosted by Armin Vit and Bryony Gomez-Palacio on Thursday night
See y’all in Austin. I’ll have my boots on!