Heading to Chicago this week for the giant dose of creative goodness that is HOW Design Live? Here are a few things to know before you go:
- All HOW Design Live sessions, events and activities will take place at the Hyatt hotel on East Wacker Drive.
- First things first: Head to the Grand Foyer on the Gold level of the Hyatt’s East Tower (got that?) to sign in for any HOW Design Live event and pick up your badge, conference tote, notebook and other goodies. The Registration Desk will be open throughout the event, starting from 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 22, and from 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 23. (Registration will be open Friday through Monday as well.)
- You’ll need your HOW badge to get into ANY conference activity throughout the event.
- Things to be sure to pack: a light sweater or jacket (hotel meeting rooms are notoriously chilly, and there isn’t much we can do to regulate the temperature); a sturdy notebook; a digital camera; plenty of business cards.
- Don’t forget to bring attire for the Night of Chicago Blues closing party on Sunday, June 26, sponsored by Neenah Paper. And bring your dancin’ shoes! This party’s gonna rock the Hyatt.
- Remember to tag your HOW Design Live posts on Twitter with the #HOWLive hashtag before, during and after the event.
- Check your e-mail every morning for the daily conference e-newsletter, which will have all the latest news about the day’s activities.