Lots of goings-on here at HOW HQ that you absolutely must know about!
• There’s just two more days for you to submit your best interactive design work to this year’s HOW Interactive Design Awards: B2B, consumer & self-promo websites, banners, motion design, games and more. Entry deadline is July 31, so get to it.
• Jessie posted yesterday about the early registration date for our In-HOWse Designer Conference, also July 31. Save $200 by signing up this week! Corporate creative managers, you can’t miss this event — you’ll hear from in-house veterans Michael Lejeune, Stanley Hainesworth, Andy Epstein, Chris Pullman, riCardo Crespo and Jennifer Miller. (Together, they’ve worked for top-notch organizations: Mattel, Starbucks, LA County Metro, WGBH, CVS, Target, etc., etc.)
• Freelance designers, dig this: You can attend this year’s Creative Freelance Conference in San Diego (August 26-28) for less than a grand. There’s never been a better time to work on developing your freelance biz. Plus, we’ve added a payment plan and extended the Early-Bird discount to make it even easier for you to attend. Got a friend who freelances? Sweet! Refer a friend, and his/her registration is half off. (Then agree to split the discount.) Freelancers who attended last year raved about the conference–hear what they have to say.
• Design-firm principals/owners/leaders: This is THE year you should consider attending HOW’s Mind Your Own Business Conference. As the economy picks up, you must be ideally positioned to take advantage of new clients and markets. Rethink how and why you run your business, working alongside other principals and speakers including Tim Williams, Emily Cohen, David Berman and Donna Karlin. Check out our MYOB group on LinkedIn.
• While you have your calendar open, be sure to put a star on September 1 — that’s the deadline to enter HOW’s biggest competition, the International Design Awards. Find out more here.