In this quick video, designer Jim Krause offers a sneak peek at his upcoming HOW Design University course (beginning Oct. 1) How to Design a Logo: From Brainstorm to Finish, as well as a look inside his latest project for HOW Books, The Logo Brainstorm Book.
In this course, award-winning designer Jim Krause (author of the The Logo Brainstorm Book) will provide you with the idea-starting tools you need to spark appealing, functional and enduring design solutions. Krause will breakdown the process of creating logos—teaching you how to go from research, to sketches, to developing the symbols, emblems and typography that will bring your design to life. You’ll be given the chance to develop logo ideas from their raw beginnings, flex your creative muscles as you search for alternative stylistic outcomes, and improve your ability to produce presentation-ready designs.
In this course you’ll learn:
- How boundary-pushing brainstorming activities can spark ideas
- How to research and develop your logo design concept
- How to work with color, symbols and type
- How to bring all the pieces together into a beautiful logo design
Who should take this course:
- Designers new to logo design
- In-house and agency designers