HOWinteractivedesign.com is all about web design for graphic designers—we cover industry news, innovations in web design and education resources and help print designers make the transition to interactive design. Here are our top web design stories from the past week:
- No One Wants to Download Your App: Why is everyone so crazy about creating mobile apps when research shows users hardly actually use them? Consider this argument against apps before making one that sucks.
- 5 Tips for Writing an Awesome Resume: After all these years, success on the job hunt still depends heavily on an old-school document: the resume. Here are five rules for writing a resume that will help you land interviews.
- Book Review: HTML & CSS by Jon Duckett: Find out why Patrick McNeil gave this book for beginning programmers five stars. If you’re learning HTML and CSS yourself, check out our new HOW U course!
- Inventing on Principle interaction design keynote video: Bret Victor‘s Inventing on Principle is a thought-provoking hour-long talk that touches on interaction design, ethics and technology.
- An easy way to get classy page scrolling on your website: No one-page site is complete without sticky navigation and smooth in-page scrolling. Check out this great scrolling plugin.