Need to cultivate a better online network or make a career switch? We’ve got all that and more this week from HOW Interactive Design:
- How to Build an Online Network that Gets Results: It’s not all about getting, but giving, too, The Creative Group says. Respect the rule of reciprocity and the rest of their tips to create and maintain a network that can help you when you need it.
- Making the Switch to a More Creative Career: This might be what you have in mind if you’re making the transition to web design! Jose Caballer at This Week in Web Design (which we sponsor!) has great advice in this video.
- Get Your Web Designs in Patrick McNeil’s Next Book: You know and love his Web Designer’s Idea Books—and you can be in his next one! Learn about how to submit your best web designs here.
- Identify Web Fonts Fast: See how this great tool for figuring out what typeface is being used in a website compares to a similar applet.
- Meet Me at SXSW: I’m heading down to Austin, TX, this weekend for the big South By Southwest Interactive festival! You can catch me speaking in some panels about creative business and follow my adventures over the next week at @gracedobushtogo.