Part of the Master Class DesignCast Series!
Date: Wednesday, May 26th
Time: 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 1 hour
Editorial design has always relied on great storytelling, and it’s no different today, even when our industry is undergoing a time of fundamental change. The need for more skilled storytellers, art directors, designers, and photographers is more urgent than ever. Even on the tablet, successful design, at its core, relies on stories and how they are presented.
In this Master Class, you will learn:
• Strategies for storytelling and designing in the times of the iPad and beyond
• What to be aware of in terms of type, architecture, and multimedia
• The difference between the page and screen
• To identify examples of work that succeeds, and work that doesn’t, on tablet devices
• The process behind some of the best work being done today
BONUS: You will also receive two recent articles from Print Magazine with purchase of this DesignCast: A review of the iPad from Obsessions columnist Patric King and “Can the iPad Save Editorial Design? Probably not, says Khoi Vinh”