News releases piled up in our inbox while we were locked in meetings literally all of last week. So here’s what you need to know:
• Old-school tools updated: Prismacolor
announced its new Premier Illustration Markers, with fine tip (five
point sizes), brush tip and chisel tip options. Hooray for cool markers!
• Abrams Image announced the October publication of “Art for Obama,” a collection of portraits and designs featuring Barack Obama’s image that were created during the campaign. Jennifer Gross and Shepard Fairey edited the book; they’re donating their profits to Americans for the Arts.
• Neenah Paper launched Do You Love Linen, featuring Neenah Personal Proof, where designers can order up to three free printed samples of a single design on different Classic Linen textured papers. In related news, Neenah released a print companion to its new iPhone app, Think Ink. The color guide features color theorist Dewey Sadka’s Dewey Color System.
• Veer Marketplace is a new community of photographers and image-buyers featuring quality, inexpensive microstock images. Buyers use credits to purchase; custom credit packages and subscriptions are available.
• AIGA announced last week that JetBlue and Patagonia will receive the 2009 AIGA Corporate Leadership Award at the Design Legends Gala on September 17, 2009.