From the news wires:
• Workamajig announced last month an update to its project-management software, with improved access from Apple’s Safari 4 web browser for Mac and PC. More important, users can now enter time, view calendars and approve items via their iPhones.
• Mohawk recently unveiled the winners of its Strathmore Show for the spring quarter. See a gallery of winners on Feltandwire.com.
Gold: Blackedge Strategic Capital Letterhead designed by Briony Crane of BRANDFX, printed by Nathan Printing on Strathmore Elements Lines Soft White.
Silver: The Dallas Society of Visual Communication (DSVC) Dallas Show Invitation designed by Rhonda Camp Warren of Color Box Design, printed by Color Box Letterpress on Strathmore Script Smooth Cream White.
Bronze: The Walt Disney Family Museum Letterhead designed by Frank Kofsuske of Em Dash Design, printed by One Heart Press on Strathmore Writing Wove Recycled Bright White.
• Domtar announced changes to its major brands: Husky Opaque Offset is now brighter (94 brightness, up from 92), more opaque and smoother. The renamed Lynx Opaque Ultra has a better surface for improved printing. Market-leading Cougar has improved uniformity and an expanded line of digital papers.
• Mondays through Thursdays now through October 29, Veer is running daily contests on Twitter. The Creative Challenges involve photo-taking, sketching and other creative tasks, and offer the opportunity to win one-month subscriptions to Veer Marketplace; a grand prize awarded on October 30 will include a MacBook 17″ Pro loaded with Adobe Creative Suite 4. Follow Veer on Twitter for details and to enter.
• Adobe last week debuted the newest version of its video channel Adobe TV.
The site offers free video training for all Adobe products; the upgrade features new interactive tools, customized view options and a robust search.
• AIGA’s upcoming national conference, Make/Think, will explore the connections between creating beautiful work and thinking strategically, and will feature speakers including Stefan G. Bucher, David Butler, Carin Goldberg, Nick Law, Marissa Mayer, Stefan Sagmeister and more. October 8-11 at the Cook Convention Center in Memphis. Learn more and register.