Chicago-based independent designer Lidia Varesco, whom I first met in person at the Creative Freelancer Conference in her hometown (and whose work we featured in HOW’s April issue), recently posted on her blog an item that caught my eye. In her post, Crafting a First-Class Website, Lidia shares some of the challenges of being her own client as she overhauled her firm’s promotional website. She picked up some pointers during Ilise Benun’s recent DesignCast session, Marketing-Smart Websites:
- Write content that is focused and brief, highlighting your experience and expertise
- Show samples of the type of projects that you want more of
- Make sure the site reflects your overall position and strengths
- Share client testimonials
- Show a human side: videos, links to social media
You can see the results of her work on the website for Lidia Varesco Design.
If you missed Ilise’s session and want more great tips on making your website into a must-visit destination for your clients and prospects, you can catch her Marketing Bootcamp DesignCast series online, whenever you want. The third session, E-Mail & More, is coming up on May 13. Registration is now open.