This sounds like a cool event for product and interface designers:
Kicker Studio announces Device Design Day: a one-day conference for professionals who design consumer electronics, appliances, mobile devices, and objects with embedded technology. Device Design Day will take place on August 20, 2010 in San Francisco.
Device Design Day brings together visual, interaction, and industrial designers for a high-quality experience and expert content that is a mix of practical and inspirational from some of the best speakers and thinkers in (and outside) the field.
Featured speakers include:
• Mike Kuniavsky, author of the books Observing the User Experience and the upcoming Smart Things: Ubiquitous Computing User Experience Design
• Julian Bleecker, artist and technologist at Nokia
• Gretchen Anderson, Director of Interaction Design at Lunar Design
• Jared Benson, Executive Creative Director at Punchcut and founder of Typophile
• Kim Goodwin, Author, Designing for the Digital Age
• Wendy Ju, Founder, Ambidextrous Magazine
• Ian Myles, CEO of meep
This first-of-its-kind event takes place at Zeum, San Francisco’s Children’s Museum. Registration is $249, and includes breakfast, lunch, and a cocktail reception in Zeum’s The Roundabout after the event. The reception will turn into Kicker Studio’s Second Anniversary Party, complete with karaoke in Zeum’s Music Production Lab.
Registration and schedule are on the Device Design Day site.